Laser surgery has been popular with people having refractive errors for more than two decades. Millions of surgeries have been done since LASIK was approved by the FDA in 1999. The USA tops the list in this regard. LASIK stands for ‘Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis’.
LASIK underwent the same upgradation that happens to technology over a period of time. New versions such as FEMTO-LASIK, SMILE, Custom LASIK and ICL came on the scene. All of them have their advantages.
CONTOURA VISION is the most advanced version of Lasik Eye Treatment in Hyderabad. Approved by the FDA, it has shown exceptional results in the patients treated.
The following list differentiates between LASIK and Contoura Vision –
- LASIK is the earliest form of laser surgery, while Contoura Vision is the most advanced form.
- LASIK maps 2000 points on the cornea to correct refractive errors, while Contoura Vision maps 20,000 points, giving you the sharpest vision.
- LASIK treats the pupillary axis to correct your vision, while Contoura Vision treats your visual axis, which makes the treatment very effective.
- LASIK treatment involves more concentration on the part of the doctor and patient, while Contoura Vision treatment isn’t affected by such issues.
- LASIK gives you a maximum of 6/6 vision, while Contoura Vision gives you beyond 6/6 or 20/20 vision.
- Issues with glare, night-reading, night driving, etc., occur following LASIK treatment, while Contoura Vision has no such issues.
- LASIK treatment results in the loss of a good amount of corneal tissue, whereas Contoura Vision treatment involves only a negligible loss of tissue.
- LASIK gives you a specs-free life, whereas Contoura Vision provides you with the sharpest and crispest vision.
- LASIK involves the use of blades, whereas Contoura Vision is bladeless. Hence, it is painless too.
Is LASIK better than Contoura?
The above points of difference make it clear that Contoura Vision in Hyderabad has a clear edge over LASIK when it comes to laser eye surgery. Statistically, the number of LASIK surgeries performed has been high, as it has been around for a long time. But Contoura Vision has great proven promises for the future of eye care.
Personalised vision correction is the most attractive feature here. It ensures the best quality of vision through a personal mapping of the patient’s cornea up to 20,000 points using the machine software. Then, a controlled laser beam is directed onto the cornea to correct the vision.
We, at Maxivision Eye Hospital, have been at the forefront of adopting the latest technology in eye care. We were pioneers in adopting LASIK surgery at our hospitals two decades ago. Today, we are pioneers in adopting Contoura Vision across India. And we are well aware that this is a sign of the good times in the field of eye care.
If you are looking at an enriching future full of opportunities, we welcome you wholeheartedly to know more about us. You may go through our website to learn about our full range of services and the trust our patients have placed in us.